Pages

Saturday 15 June 2013

Tree Top View ... revisited June 15 2013 .. Yishun park in the evening

My double Digi Nth visit's to the TTW! This time playing with my camera.

Nice weather day. I jumped into a cab after alighting from AMK MRT.  Venus's drive is just a few minutes away and I reached my destination 9:16am. 
Birds were singing and a group of insects enthusiast were seen with their macro / flash light set up. Another groups with big mammoth zoom lens were hunting other target ( birds?)  As usual the runners were ever present weaving  through the slow moving TTW visitors.  A few monkeys sat at the road side watching the passer-by. 

I spotted this bee hive... on Albizia ( Paraserianthes falcataria) tree

Close up of the masses of living bees!



Even closer looks of them

Young Resam
View from the Tree Top View

Another pigeon attracted by the ripening red figs?
Fluttering wing of a female olive-backed sunbird spotted.near TTW entrance to the footpath
Now she sat still...
Many years ago i recalled chasing one collared kingfisher with a eos 20D.  I managed to get one. I was wondering whether i could bag one today. I did. Just before i left the park one blue jacketed kingfisher flew by. Sat on construction fences and with the x50 handy i can afford a closer look.

Squirrel eaten one of the durians.. in Yishun park who else
Ants eating the durian too. (  yishun park )
Squirrel behind this durian Yishun Park

Collared Kingfisher - Main diet include insects lizards as well as fishes.
Closer look - the beak is chipped at several locations on the upper edge!
This was taken near Yishun overhead bridge BLK 146
Mistletoe Dendrophthoe pentandra flowering attracting birds like sunbird, parakeets 




No comments:

Post a Comment